Friday, November 11, 2011

Photo Friday-Tattoo Inspiration


I have been debating for so many years now about getting a tattoo. My husband has a few :), and I have been itching lately for some ink.  These pictures are some inspiring ones to me, and you can also find them on my Pinterest!

The problem is, ever since I met him, and ever since I have seen his amazing artwork on Nate, I have only wanted one person to do my tattoos, if I ever got them.

That person is Jimmy.  He now lives in Eugene, Oregon. And that makes a tattoo REALLY expensive. Although a total bonus would be visiting Mindy Rawlins and The Blair Family.

Trying to justify, trying to justify, trying to justify.

Do these images inspire you as they do me?


Really want this on my body and on everything I own (with even more labels added in!). 

What a vital reminder in a walk with Christ about loving everyone, 
because we so DO NOT deserve the love we have been given. 

But maybe my forehead would be too much? :)


 What do you see when you look at this?
 If you don't see a hat, you know why this is so lovely and meaningful. 
If you do see a hat, go read Le Petit Prince, and have your spirit lifted and outlook changed. 


I have always been incredibly drawn to shepherd/sheep imagery when it comes to my relationship with Christ. 
This image is a visual representation of something far more amazing, 
but it grants a little understanding for my feeble mind. 

Mother and Child, Mother Mary and Christ, Father God and His Children. 
This sculpture is so beautiful to me, 
it encompasses such intimate, passionate, nurturing relationships.





These are just a few inspiring images. Don't worry, you won't see all of them on my person any time soon (ferociously types in search engine "Cheapest Way to get to Oregon").

peace to you,
meredith





2 comments:

  1. Thought it was interesting that you and the Tall Skinny Kiwi both blogged about tattoos at about the same time! http://tallskinnykiwi.typepad.com/tallskinnykiwi/2011/11/coptic-cross-tattoo.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check this tall skinny kiwi out!:)

    ReplyDelete